Author: tunnelrat <rxfoster gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/30/2011 7:42:02 AM
Subject: RE: 1.9 pre2 map generation

I knew it. Son of a whore.

Chomboner, can you confirm that the seed is 100% the same, i.e., it didn't magically change itself like they like to do?

That is the main reason we ditched the old map... because it was such a huge mess.

We have two options...

1. I get everyones shit exported... but I will need EXACT coordinates... once we move to the new map, everyone fans out and finds where they want to live, and then I import the schematics.

Before we do this, we'll have to build out a warehouse and have everyone move their stuff into chests there... which means we are talking a massive warehouse... I will definitely need help building it. IF your stuff is in your house above ground, and the house is marked for me to export, you should be good to go. So, you can either move it to the warehouse (and use protection signs), or make sure it's above ground in your house.

IF your house extends underground (i.e., you have actually constructed something other than a mine) I need to know that too... traps, for example, will be completely imported. This means that, if the new land you choose is over an abandoned mineshaft or underground canyone, the import will destroy anything in the space to be occupied.

IF you have a full on mining base, I will export/import that if you desire.

Option 2:

I get in with MCEdit, generate new terrain around the existing map, and fix the stuff by hand. If this happens, the server will run a temporary map until I get everything squared away. In this case, I'd give everyone the /give command and you can go nuts until the other map is fixed and ready to go.

If 1.9 is released, for example, on a Monday, it could be some time before I would be able to get the map fixed.

The side benefit to the delay would be that Bukkit will have time to get their fixes released... although 1.8 took them a long time.

Vote now.

Imports will be messy, and we'll need to keep them as small as possible. Only
_