Author: tunnelrat <rxfoster gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/19/2011 10:07:00 PM
Subject: Tectonicus continued:

There are some other options we have with the Tectonicus map:

1. We can show portals, players, and beds. I turned this off on the last map, mainly because there were some HUGE caches of stuff that people had carefully hidden. Since there are none now, and we have [Protection] signs for chests, as well as purchasable Protection Stones, I would put this up for debate now. With it being a private server, I have no real qualms against showing where these objects are.

2. I can change the angle of the camera. Right now, it's set to the default (45 degrees, north is in the upper left). I can set to 0 degrees, and north would be straight up. I don't know if this would look lame or not. Changing this would require a complete re-render of the map. Let me know what you think.

3. Image format - I can change this to .jpg or .gif instead of .png. It saves space, which isn't a problem, but it may speed up the render time, and it will definitely speed up the view in your browser. I am going to test this today, and you guys can tell me what you think.

- I WILL be offloading this to another server, but that will probably require changing the URL to view it... we'll see.

_