Author: tunnelrat <rxfoster gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/19/2011 8:55:36 AM
Subject: Capitol Rail Line/Boundaries

If you check the map, the north/south rail bed is finished. There is still a lot of work to be done (the rail station at spawn, approximately 10,000 gravel, 6,000 or so rails, another 10,000 or so cobble) - but you can get an idea of the area the no-build zone around spawn covers, as both the north and south ends of the rail line are at the exact limit. (You can see the 5 torches marking the west boundary as well).

You are free to hook into the north end of the rail line now. The south end, on the west side of the rail line, is going to be a dock, so please don't block that off.

I will be extending the no-build zone slightly in the west/southwest to cover the peninsulas, as those areas will be for sale in the future.

I will be putting together a grid map of the tentative locations of the purchasable areas and the actual spawn city itself.

The reason I have blocked anyone else from building in the capitol is:

- So people get their initial houses done
- To get the initial layout finished, so things aren't disjointed.

Once I get the grid laid out, if anyone wants to focus on building out the capitol, let me know and I will get a layout on a specific area and give you access to build there.

If ANYONE has any suggestions on the public areas, let me know, post a schematic on here, or just ideas, and we'll try to incorporate them.

I should have the east/west rail beds done tonight, as well as the extra city protection set up in the southwest.

_