Author: tunnelrat <rxfoster gmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 8/16/2011 7:23:59 AM
Subject: Server command changes

Right now, we're making heavy use of warps (moderators/admins/ops anyway) to get around and to transport/help out players.

In a month or so, we'll be removing warp entirely. This means that minecart tracks, rune teleports, nether shortcuts, and voxels ports will be the methods of travel available. We WILL keep /home, I would like to limit it to 10/20/30 minutes like WoW and other MMOs, but right now that jacks up warp, and screws a teleported player as well. We'll keep teleport in, but it needs to be cut way back.

Right now, we're back to the whole stargate thing, where the world is basically just a series of small islands instead of the mega planet that it is.

Rune teleports will probably cost some sort of block to activate, but I am not sure yet. It it does, it would most likely be one of the following: Feather (common, can be used for Wyvern's Wing already), Redstone

This needs to be balanced, so I will definitely take suggestions on sorting the whole mess out.

There will be public voxel ports at all of the cities, the idea was to have them depart every 4 game hours or something there about, but I have the existing ports set to every minute. I think that is probably fine, a minute or two.

The /time command will be completely removed. Chrono trigger runes and beds will be the only method of controlling time.
_