Author: tunnelrat <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/18/2011 7:44:45 AM
Subject: RE: the f3 screen is the downfall of minecraft

Well, "Adventure" mode, the 1.7 update, looks like it adds some cool shit.

The MCMMO guy is going to be adding some shit like elites, bosses, and uber bosses to the game.

I am going to send him a note about making the chests they guard content configurable, and we may be able to use that in conjunction with other mods to put shit in them that is actually worthwhile.

The game is definitely fun right now, but yeah the challenge factor is low.

Go build something epic in the Nether hahahahahaha...

I am working on Imladris right now... there was a mountain I laid claim to back in Alpha and I went back to look at it... it has 3 super high sheer mountains wrapping around a cove underneath... I have begun the long ass process of carving it out... going to use leaf blocks to make hanging garden shit around the waterfalls, and then use snowblocks to make the white columns and bridges, etc. I am using recessed lightstones instead of torches, and they definitely look cool.

I will try to get a spot for the pice capitol... maybe even tonight. Once that is determined, and I get pstones (finally) working, there will be some epic community project shit to work on if anyone can be bothered.

Im still loving the shit out of the game even if I am playing alone 90% of the time... it's worth it to keep up the server and plugins, so someday if something big changes and people come back, it will be ready for bidness.

I am considering making a second world, there are like 4 or 5 separate drives in that server, so it could be put on a different disk to reduce I/O contention.

The problem is that if you can transfer items between worlds, it would be meh. There are supposedly ways you can build a gate to transfer, so maybe it stores your shit separately too... then, if you wanted to start 100% from scratch you could do that. I think I can also set worlds as more difficult, through some of the mods.

[PiCE]uamaelstrom

_