Author: jabes <hauj00b>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/14/2011 10:14:07 AM
Subject: preality aar wednesday

i figure the date stamp is on the message so, doesn't really matter at this point.

It was just me and Maelstrom from 1900-2100. I started off by pouring myself a half glass of Bulleit and a coca-cola backer and set off.

Maelstrom was amped to have me play SL. And, I don't really know how the fuck to play SL. When we were rolling Thunder Ice training and I was SL driving the supply trucks, Prae (pronounced PRAY) was forwarding target suggestions to me like crazy and I was accepting them. This kept the guys tasked.

SL on a server full of strangers was quite different.

Started off playing Fallujah west on Brasiland did OK, made a small dent I think. Map ended and we headed for HOG's Muttrah 24/7 server.

Started off as USMC, we joined with the map mostly taken and we were pushing them back into their main, when they started grinding us back out. We had a 5 man squad that listened fairly well. We were trying to hold the southern edge of the downtown district where the big choke point is and our other squads were moving around the middle and trying to hold the boardwalk down. They were failing hard.

Commander called for an FOB deep in the enemies flank. They had a full team and were dug in tight. So, I set to maneuvering our squad through the south to get in deep. we had to cross a street with an APC, and took some fire, but made it across w/o anyone getting hit.

We pushed up and just as we started slowly crawling our way forward another squad rushes past us into a heavy grenade area. One of our squad, not to be out done, got up and sprinted forward. Myself, being 15% lemming, decided it was clear and started running to catch up.. We paused as we saw those guys get laid down as they came across a corner.

I called 'Frag out' to try and suppress the enemy. I got 1 nade out in the belly of their attack before I took one in the face. They coordinated fire and downed all 3 of us (AR - Mael, random - Medic, and me - Officer) before anyone else got a nade out.

So, back to the drawing board. I took us to the boardwalk and alleys to the north in muttrah.

Again, pinned down and APCs circling into us, I called for us to hunker down. Maelstrom was getting his epeen off. I followed our guys down an alley way and malestrom got caught doing something behind us, not really sure what he was doing as he wasn't with the squad at that minute. Eventually he'd make his way to us.

They routed us out of that location and started taking our capture points behind us.

Called a rally and spawned back on the Essex. We then deployed into some hot zones with the aid of a badass HOG pilot Xanon or something was his name. Damned good. Took 1 really bad trip in with a really bad pilot that basically put us on a roof top and wiped our squad, immediately forgot his name, so can't tell you to avoid flying with PFC Douchebag.

They kept pushing us out and I learned a valuable lesson. No matter how riddlin depraved your squad is, when the enemy is backed into a corner. Sit tight and stick to cover. Enter and clear per standard bounding procedures.

We swapped to MEC after that. Creedo was deep in Reinstalling BF2 and just listening to us getting frustrated.

I poured myself another bulleit and slowly moved our squad up, not wanting to give the other team a bunch of frags. We protected our flank and supply lines. Setup an AA between two buildings, which, was a horrible spot for effective AA, but great spot for completely confusing the shit out of them, because what dipshit commander would deploy AA in the depression between two three story buildings.

We got some locks and helped push their Helo ops higher up and further west. The other squad started lighting their huey's up and took down 3-4. That effectively stopped their huey drops into our backlines. We dismantled our AA and decided to move up, push it further west.

In doing so, another squad built another AA device and we couldn't deploy ours again, so we started pounding ground west. moving through the streets. Thats when this shit started happening

A few of the other squads had moved ahead and successfully setup FOBs and taken capture points, so we hastily decided to try and make it to them.

Little did we know the sniper duel playing out above.

We got caught out by the sniper crossing the street a few times. Just standing around other times.

As we got more and more aggressive, they dropped another squad off in the hills to the north west and moved in on us. As we'd scan the hillside, they'd take up positions and overwhelm us.

We played some more after that, but I was muy barracho. Things didn't really get any better. A lot more giggling from me.

Eventually McMeel joined us and took over SL. I tried to keep up with him and mael, but either I or they would die and we'd get separated and spawning in at different times in different locations.

Gotta have a better system for rallying as 3 guys is better than 2, even if one of them is drunk and having giggle fits.

_