Author: Wesman21 <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/18/2011 6:33:20 PM
Subject: Getting error

Since I crashed out of the server last night, I get the error "Internal client error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"

I don't know if it has to do with minecraft.net being down or not. I updated my java to the latest build just to see if that would do anything (it didn't). I CAN get past the login screen, but tonight it's been taking several tries to accomplish this. Most of the time it's been giving the "Cannot connect to minecraft.net" error.

I will say however that last night, before I crashed out I ran across one of those invisible chunk bugs. Probably less than a minute after I ran across it, I crashed out with the "Internal client error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect" error.

I got a feeling that the crash caused some sort of fuck up to my user .dat file on the server, and thus keeps fucking up each time I try to connect. Didn't we have some people with this issue a few versions back?

I'll wait and see if things clear up tomorrow, that is if minecraft.net is back up and running. If not I guess we'll need to nuke my user .dat file on the server and I'll start fresh. I've only played 1 night so it's not like I'd be losing that much.
_