Author: Maelstrom <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/11/2011 2:03:59 PM
Subject: RE: Why have I been unnaturally annoyed at pic

"you already claimed one continent, then go and build crap on others."

- In the real world, this is not true, aside from the epic subway (wait, didn't you want subw... n/m) that connects to the farm up north... EVERYTHING else was pre-existing, or is an addition/modification to pre-existing build sites.

"I said ALL SPAWNER traps suck in comparison with the tower trap design. I myself have 3 spawner traps that I hate with a passion because they don't give sulphur."

- Again, all valid points, the method in which you deliver your sentiments is where the strife flows forth... case in point:

Maelstrom: "Did you check out that skeleton trap yet?"
Pra3torian: "Heading there now"
Infernal: "Spawner traps suck" (ensuing monologue on how awesome the rate in your trap is, truncated)

"I never claimed to be the end all be all of MC."

Reality Flashback:

Maelstrom: "If someone trashes your stuff, I have a stack of TNT earmarked for the response"
Pra3torian: "Awesome"
Infernal: "That won't do anything, rebuilding stuff is so trivial"
Maelstrom: "Really? Okay, let me simul-det 64 TNT in the build site of your choice, and then we will time your rebuild"
Infernal: "Uhhh I have been playing this game a lot longer, I think I know what I am talking about."
Various other players: Uhhh...k?
Infernal: "Asniper and I blew up 500 TNT... blarg blarg blarg ad infinitum"
Maelstrom: "Infernal, I bow to your MC superiority."

(dozens of examples of your trademark "YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!" omitted)

"And when I first saw isengaard, it was nothing but a low height blob of obsidian so I called it a purple turd. Btw, you made it with a balcony and roof portal but lo and behold, the ability to take in the view is not to be afforded to all, just you guys with your portal network."

- Most of, if not all, my shit is less than beautiful. The point that you repeatedly fail to grasp is that your public assessments of other peoples creations are condescending
and rude. This is why a general loathing roils in your wake like Baal at the end of Diablo II (without the army of rats)

Isengard wasn't constructed as a scenic lookout.. sorry that once again, our priorities and your expectations are at odds.

"since when is calling something nice, passive aggressive. do I need to spell it NOICE!? in 70 point font for it to be understood as a compliment? I said nick built a nice pyramid. it can't be that hard to understand it as a compliment."

- Maybe someone else can explain passive aggressive to you... the elusive point being that you make sure to preface the work of others with complimentary adjectives, whereas the absence of similar adjectives in the comparative imply a less than complimentary assessment. Oh, and that you used the term "shitty wall", that too.

"I'm not sure why you brought up the bit about MR x's tunnel.. I was referring to a mountain north of their house.
And about that: They were building a house. That is just a tad different from a portal outpost."

- Reality Check:

There is no mountain north of their house. Their house is the wooden thing, and the adjoining buildings that sprawl all over spawn, which is why Wesman moved way south, since their buildings now intertwine with everything there (and the mine network that runs right through Wesmans spawn trap, etc)

They built approximately 20 blocks away from DJKDuck's house. What they built isn't a "House" it's the terminal for their mine track they built in the air from spawn to the mountain range we've been on/in/under for a month (and I fine building, glass, etc). What we built isn't "a portal outpost" it's a border fortress, it's big, it's imposing, and it looks awesome. Again, since simply assuming that people won't tear into our shit (which was never a problem before, just like the 100% lack of drama before you came back to the server) has proven ineffective, so we are making clear markings (as we were asked to do...)

"You're blasting of the water as crude? hell yes it is crude. creating smooth water is as simple as laying out a checkerboard of water ( we have working buckets now as opposed to old server) and blocks of sand and then removing the sand blocks. once the surface has stabilized, you can cut out the ground below it to deepen the water. what you guys left in your water channel creation is a nightmare."

Absolutely correct, absolutely a great example of your patented "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!" response to others, and absolutely none of your concern whatsoever.

"Injate specifically frowned on the massive crater sniper and I made way in the south east on old server. I assumed the same applied in this one."

Our "crater" is a work in progress, had a forest at the bottom and the start of our fortress, and once again absolutely none of your concern.

"The freedom gate came around that area only because I travelled out there and put up a gate in my terrace."

For those following along, the Freedom gate came about because Asniper and Wesman built it. We now return you to your feature film.

"Freedom could have been placed far in the west and I wouldn't care about it. Why I don't want you guys out there is that while I have backup gate networks, I don't want anyone out there that may disable my main on a whim."

Again, a baffling reversal on your assertion that claiming territory is evil, and that anyone is free to go where they please. You have made it your mission in life to keep tabs on us, to accuse me of cheating and bring the server owner and the only active player who actually DID cheat into an area specifically hidden - because that is how I wanted it. All because you want to stir up shit, insist on riding our jock, and then play the victim.

"Like the sign on my original terrace gate."

As I stated before, the implication that we had anything to do with any of your stuff (if the concept of personal property applies to you, which it seems to) is simply invalid.

"The gate you accuse me of messing with,"

Flashback:

Infernal: "How are you guys making one way portals"
Some 80HD person: "Magic"
Infernal: "Won't it break if I place a sign on it?"
V3: "Yes"

Fast forward to the next day: Portal is broken. Notice how, unlike your accusation and subsequent threats, which to date you've been the only one to make (and you do pretty much nightly) regarding your portal mystery, there is actual valid suspicion surrounding the mystery (and non-issue, until you brought it up) of the Northwarden portal.

"I saw the sign btw,"

Yes, I know you did, because you can't stop... you are for whatever reason compelled to obsess over us, which is why I left the sign there, because I KNEW you'd be back. Thanks for proving me right, and applying your double standard of trampling through all of our sites, and

"is in some hillside doing nothing."

Baffling. Arrogant Ignorance, a staple of the Infernal repertoire.

"sits opposite all your other buildings."

It sits in-line with ALL of our home-sites, and directly over the nexus/fortress in our mining network below.

"The link disabled in my system was a main pathway."

Other than when you invited to your place, and everything was fine, no one from our group had or had any desire to go to any of your locations. It was your constant arrogant statements, your bragging about knowing all of our stuff, and then the threats that precipitated the little cold call last night. Clearly it had its intended effect.

"What's to stop some impetuous person in your group from fucking it up again. I removed the gate from the water base for that very reason."

Brilliant. For the 50th time, regardless of what goes on in your brain, no one from our group has or will touch your stuff. Even with all of your threats, we've not responded. We have 8 people, we enjoy working together, we aren't concerned with your threats of trashing our stuff as we will simply ask Injate to load a backup, or I will take a current backup and start a new server.

"The reason I think buying/selling sucks is that all items in the game are limitless. when the wall is down, if I want more gold I can go dig it up in a newly genned area. Also with the majority of the people being in 80HD and your idea of making massive mines all over.. you'd control pricing as you saw fit. no thanks. there's not enough people to have a true competitive economy."

And once again, your opinion combined with your control issues combine to form the volatile opposition to our initiatives. You do understand that in-game trade IS happening, it is simple fact. What we have now is a placeholder.

Here is how a free market works: Someone wants something, and would rather spend their time building than going and collecting it. So, they are willing to trade something they already HAVE for said item.

We've set prices as guidelines based on rarity, etc. Injate has a FAR more comprehensive methodology in play for iConomy.

Your response to this? Throw a tantrum, call it gay, and then anytime anyone says "WTB Coal" or whatever, you offer to give them some for free... and while this is comical, watching them turn you down is an instant evening highlight.

I extend the same offer you've refused since day one:

Stay away from our stuff. Don't break our stuff. Don't build in areas we've claimed, as the server is literally infinite.

IN RETURN:

We will CONTINUE stay away from your stuff. We won't break your stuff. We won't build near your stuff, if at ALL possible (i.e., if we don't know it is there, we generally survey an area pretty well first) - and since you aren't building on our continent, you have nothing to worry about.

When you are an asshole, expect to get treated like one.

Every single thing you've shared with us you have been shown appreciation. The things we've shared with you have been met with your active disruptions, petty arguments, and inciting drama.

Again, absolutely smoooooth sailing, across the board, complete harmony, until you get back on the server. It's not my place to tell you where to play, nor am I in any way saying to leave. But you have instigated this entire situation from fay one. Only you can change the problem, since you are the problem.

_