Author: Maelstrom <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/11/2011 11:42:22 AM
Subject: RE: Why have I been unnaturally annoyed at pic

Infernal:

(Let me preface this with the fact that Injate asked all players to mark their territories with signs a month+ ago)

- "When we played alpha before" sounds like you guys had a blast, server moved on. You rolled back on the scene, and started pissing and moaning about all the new stuff. You then started bagging on other peoples stuff, talking about how much more you knew about MC than anyone else, and then began flooding the airwaves about how bad ass your supertrap is (which it is, no question there). You are pissed that the game is not being played the way you want, and that is the bottom line. You get upset when we TRADE for goods, so you just give them away ... newsflash, iConomy is on the way, as is PvP and whatever else Injate has up his sleeve... deal with it.

- People claim build areas. You don't build peoples shit, it's just understood. You don't break things, poke around, etc, unless invited to (at least that is the gentlemen's agreement between the majority of the server).

Freedom has been there since before I started playing, and has had structures since before I started as well. Server is infinite.

Which brings us to your rage at the audacity that we have of claiming WHOLE CONTINENTS!!!!

Current List Of Regularly Active Players:

* Infernal
* SirThomas1 (Under 80HD arsonist rehabilitation plan and house arrest)
* Mr__X
* Substence (Insom)
* Andy90210 (Or whatever the number is haha)

Current List of Not-So-Active-Players:

* Silat (Jabes)
* Drak (80HD if he ever plays)
* Wesman (Uberlame1982)
* TSU9000 (some number - Wesmans wife)
* Injate (Busy providing entertainment for us MC losers, NO CHARGE)
* Asniper
* S3
* Zores
* a few others I can't remember, some don't have the picecraft client... if anyone knows Junoo, get them here so we can get them back in, please.

And then 80HD -

* The Maelstrom
* Pra3torian
* Dymestl
* DJKDuck
* VanderSwag (V3GN0M3)
* Downeast
* Astanyx
* Niall (new hire)

So, active players, there are 4 non-80HD, 7 80HD, and 1 that is essentially 80HD. We are on more than anyone else (Actively building, that is)

We have claimed 10-15% of the available land mass INSIDE the adminium wall, which Injate is removing, and is not limiting expansion currently at all.

So, we have 3/4's of the active population, we want to build together, how dare we wish for a place to do so. How this is even remotely a problem stems from whatever narcissistic control issues you have continually displayed.

As far as us "throwing up signs" on a "mountain we haven't built on" and "putting up a shitty wall" (as you called it) "on their doorstep", let me correct your ignorance and/or intellectual dishonest (the first part in what will surely be an ongoing series)

(Setting aside the inconsistencies with your application of your assessments on "claiming territory")

- "The Mountain" - Mr. X's crew expanded from spawn and tunneled into a vast mining network of ours, that connects 3 different peoples home areas, as well as an underground fortress/palace/whatever. We put up a sign letting them know that we were already there, and then Mr X and I set up the dividing line between the two... super simple, common sense, end of story. X and I mined a bit together, he learned the /compass command, and he even got some diamonds out of it. The people rejoiced. Regardless of your displayed arrogance, you aren't the "Minecraft Expert" and you have absolutely no clue as to what we had near there, what they were tunneling into, and what we have done since.

- Nick's Pyramid (Nick builds a "nice" pyramid - nice passive aggression) Nick's Pyramid, and Sphinx, AND towers, are absolutely awesome. We built a border tower (that looks great, assuming you aren't irrationally biased against anything we build) that is no where near it, and certainly no where near as close as most of the structures at spawn, and some other areas.

- Mr X, Andy, and Sub "Move away from spawn" and instead of heading out to NEW areas, build a little south of Caerfa Dymestl, Palatine, and Vinyamar, Tower of Vivec, the Nargothrond/Rabbit Hole/Gnissis/Aglarond mining network (make a note of this, and it will come up again in the "How to get Gold, Diamonds, and much much more section below) as well as a yet unnamed project we have south of Caerfa. They built closer to Nick's shack and fort/bridge complex than we did to Nick's Pyramid, AND they built like 3 blocks away from our land (not their fault, and not a problem). We've had structures there for a month, the "pylon" (propylon) towers that allow us to travel to the distant areas of the continent, as well as several other things. We threw up the wall sooner than planned simply to notify them of our presence. So, we are the bad guys because we "claim" territory", which is kind of a defining characteristic of initiating a build project, (Survey, claim, build...) but then we hear "WHO PUT UP THIS WALL NEXT TO OUR STUFF?!" - hrmmm.... our stuff... sounds suspiciously like a claim to me (Again, 0 problem with this on our end).

So, to summarize your bleats of injustice over our fascist regimes imperialistic domination of the picecraft MC server:

1. Anything other people build = good.
2. Anything we build = turd, uglyfort, shitty wall, inferior spawner traps, etc
3. 80HD claims territory = Bad
4. Anyone else claims territory = Good
5. 80HD builds within 1km of existing structure = Bad
6. Anyone build feet away from, or into, 80HD sites = Good
7. You go on a 3 hour tour of private networks, criticize anything and everything from architecture to placement, decry our blasting techniques as crude, while explaining how yours are precision, let us know you are recording all of our network and portal names, claim that Injate "frowns upon" blasting/digging to bedrock (baffling), and write up your report (to be covered in another exciting and dramatic post by me!!). = Good (Because you are the self-appointed picecraft server mother goose/hall monitor).
8. We send a commando over to recon your "supertrap" (Again, I give credit where it is due, and it is universally acclaimed, and is with all sincerity among the gems of the server) and other sites (Remember, you and cheatsniper both crowed "It's not a private server!" when you Walter Peck'd us with your little BATFG raid) = Infernal meltdown, threats to blow up a portal your did not build, and then promises to create deathtrap portals for us. All fine.

ZOMG, WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_