Author: Infernal <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/11/2011 9:43:57 AM
Subject: Why have I been unnaturally annoyed at picecraft?

when we played alpha before, we just built and had fun. people weren't throwing up clan logos all over the place, people weren't claiming whole continents. We didn't have as many stargates either, but we were even prepping to have a massive subway system that hit most of our places. Nobody went around dropping signposts at a mountain claiming it for themselves then doing nothing with it since.

What has been irking me the most: (Maelstrom please read carefully):

Every time someone builds something near that land mass and that's pretty easily done because it takes up 25% of the walled in zone it feels like, you guys in 80HD have erected a pylon site or other item right across the water from it now boasting logos. I don't know about you, but it strikes me as an unfriendly act. You have also gone and put up buildings NOT on that continent which due to protection ideology makes that area yours as well. I "Claimed" my area as a joke cuz it's a desert.

Nick puts up a nice pyramid, you build that fire tower. Mrx and sub and andy move away from the spawn and want to build a cool glass pyramid, you build a wall on its doorstep.

Part of what makes the game good imo is getting up high and being able to see to render max. Instead people will get up there in their new shiny buildings and be treated to a wall or other pylon sporting your symbols. I swear (and here's my aggressive side) that if I see any of those things near my terrace, they will be demolished with a bang.

I did run around through your portal networks because unknown portals are like catnip for my curiosity. I won't be anymore. I will stay out of your shit and you can do what you want. I just warn you that if you do continue to use my network, you may not like where the portals drop you. I can remember my own network fine since it's just for me.
_