Author: Drak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/20/2010 9:37:53 PM
Subject: RE: I like the lack of teleports...

I honestly dont think I can hang. If he wants to be realistic, then he should think about what a DIAMOND is, and how hard it is to break.

Right now, diamond items break in 1025 uses. In real life, if you hit a stone block with a 12 inch pure diamond pick, do you think it would show one single sign of fatiguing or getting dull? No, it wouldn't. It wouldn't show signs of aging with a thousand times that amount. But since this is a game, a million hits shouldn't be considered. I think 10,250 hits would be a reasonable amount, and would still make diamonds worth mining.

1,025 hits isn't worth my time. That's about 25 obsidian blocks or so. Big whoop. Who even cares about obsidian when there is no HELL/NETHER world to go to? It does absolutely nothing.

If obsidian doesn't matter at all, then I really only care about building new projects. And I can't do that when an inventory full of stone picks doesn't last more than 17 minutes (just timed it, approximately).

It comes down to fun for me, and that bug being fixed takes my fun to a 0%. I'll come in to talk to you guys. Minecraft has always been a great "chat room" for me. But ill be damned if you see me mining again.
_