Author: Niall <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 4/21/2010 2:04:59 PM
Subject: RE: On Average

developers all make the same pay, 50k/year. it's more than anywhere else around here was paying us, i bumped up from 43k when i came here. The profit sharing is the real kicker though. on average it's an extra 20k/year, but often close to double that.

9-5 in the office, most days i'll do some work at home after the kid is in bed around 8:00. Occasionally i'll stay here at the office, like today, just to avoid the distractions of wife and kid when i have shit to do.

telecommuting they don't really want to deal with, unless it's an entire external company they're dealing with. They wouldn't let you, for example, just do coding from out west while our artists and producers work with you here. There's too much back and forth all day, a lot of impromptu meetings and shit. There are periods where i'm doing a build every morning, then sitting down with the producer and playing through, making lists of bugs and changes we need. He can't really do it himself, cause in early stages i need to sort of guide him through the buggy mess. "don't click there, it'll crash. click over here, starts the zoomin", etc etc.
_