Author: Niall <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 4/15/2010 3:20:53 PM
Subject: RE: Torque!?!!?! holy crap

well we aren't doing any client-server stuff, and the script based style of torque is apparently quite similar to Director. just a different scripting language to learn, with the added bonus of more speed and functionality because we're back on a C-based platform. They've seen a lot of the complaints as well though, on torque forums, so it's not decided on yet by a longshot. Someone needs to finish a game and spend some time playing with Torque, we're just all in the middle/end of games atm.

Honestly, if you do it in 3-6 months, and it's good, you could probably sell your engine to our company. But i can't exactly go talk to the boss and say "heyyy, so i know this dude from the internet..."

We also publish a lot of games by external developers, small to larger groups, i think a group of 3 dudes in Halifax is one of them. A bunch or larger studios overseas as well. They send a build, the producers usually want some tweaks and general bastardization of your original idea, you revise it and we publish it. i don't know if we're paying them a flat rate, percentage points on the profit, or flat rate + points.

You will find that if you make a game you like, you'll then want to bump down the difficulty about 10x so that any fucking retard in the world can just read tutorial instructions and beat your game. We're going through a lot of "this game is too hard" bs right now.
_