Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/28/2010 4:17:06 PM
Subject: RE: SS - Open source the WFA code!

"SS: while you may be able to shrink/fit/tighten the core engine code to chip size. I'm not sure the entity system can really be stripped down and maintain it's funcitonality."

Shayne and I were talking one night. Look at the gunner's code. Seriously, look at it in Q2WF because it sure as shit ain't too different with WFA.

I spent all night Wed chasing gunners, that ent spray is fucked up, but it is what makes the gunner what she is.

I smoothed it out, it is as smooth to the client as a minigun but server-side it's just like it was. I will introduce my "fixed" version and I know people will bitch to high-hell because of what *I* wanted in it is in it. Homing rockets, emps and magnos, logarithmic splash damage, sentry tracking fixes that don't determine your max speed by max(x) and max(y), Arso's weapons, (server-side admin's merc choice. Yea, the merc) and the like. But I'm not introducing anything new.

Just fixed code, q2 physics that were ganked with q3/TA, and all the weapons that could come out of Weapons Factory.
_