Author: Rags <whatever>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/29/2009 2:52:42 PM
Subject: RE: hockey

Forwards-
Offense get passing and puckhandling up and either slap shots or wrist shots (not both). If you're a deker get that up too. Get them all up until they cost 5xp per point at that point sink them where you want (or get deflections) but don't put up wrist power at 15/point instead of wrist acc at 5/point etc.
Defensive stats focus on Balance until it is worth 10 then put it in checking/faceoffs/Discipline(whatever is better to you). Again don't spend any 10-15 points.
Athletics take whatever is cheap try to keep your agi/acc/spd about the same. IMO agi is the most important because it allows you to dance around guys for puck posession, get open shots, and prevent your opponent from doing the same. I have +8 to speed from gear and usually wont go over 88-90 speed because the cost is crazy high (15) and the payoff isn't.

Once you get your allstar card you can specialize and get a couple stats all super high and the others will still be respectable.

Also your stat boosts/gear are important, which sucks if you won't/can't pay for them. I use +5 and +3 speed, +5 accel, +5 agi for everybody. I have +5 slapshot stats for defenders and the wrist shots +3 for forwards. I use +5 balance, puckhandling, passing, checking for everybody. The other couple slots left you can use to get faceoffs etc or specialize (+3 in shooting or agi etc to go with the 5's).

Also try all 3 settings for your skate blades. I don't notice much of a speed/accel increase with the longer blades I certainly notice the higher agi with the shorter blades. Play around and see which length you play better with. At first I focused on speed now it's on agi.

I can tell you what I do with defenders too if you want but I think I'm the only one who plays D.
_