Author: Ashes <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/20/2007 1:49:01 PM
Subject: RE: 3-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

No that belongs in Second Life, definitely.

The cool thing about the Second Life client though is that its open source, my programmer and I are doing a full on CoLA based overhaul of it as our new focus...which is integrating plugin functionality, adding XNA support for cross platform capabilities, making it Direct X compatible(as well as OpenGL), adding single pass shadow maps (UBER), shader improvements and finally, our coup de grace, the HBJ enhancment....or, more commonly known to the layman as "HAWT BOOB JIGGLE"...we'll be doing that by basically increasing the poly count of the Second Life avatar models and weighting the torso vertices's to react appropriately to gravity.

90% of the people in SL will care less about how stupid uber a Second Life that can accept XML and C++ based plugin programs (that will just get the system bought by Linden Labs and land my programmer a really cushy job), but if you make the boobs better, its instant WIN with the entire Second Life player base....so we figured we'd throw in a nice visual upgrade for the people who don't get hard ons in regards to stuff like single pass shadow maps.

Not everyones as geeky as me.
_