Author: ~FnL~Ragulator <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/26/2001 4:28:25 PM
Subject: PS2 NCAA Final Four 2k2 review(ouch)

Electronic Gaming Monthly-

Life's not fair. I mean, where was I when people were getting hired to make this game? I could have used the year off, with pay, to watch a team of chimps cobble together some code and label it NCAA Final Four 2002. Sometimes I feel sorry for the developers behind a poor product, because it seems like they tried. That's obviously not the case here. NCAA 2002 IS SO IMPERFECT IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD THAT IT DEFIES, STRETCHES AND CONFOUNDS THE IMAGINATION. It might be cliche` to say for a 989 sports game, but the only redeeming feature is its ability to make you laugh. I watched passes seemingly headed out of bounds by 20 feet suddenly warp to a guy under the basked (minor chuckle). I saw guys running out of bounds get magically sucked into a dunk animation (hearty laugh). I saw players doing 360 degree spins, standing in place, while waiting to inbound the ball (gaffaw). Basicaly what I saw, and what you wil see if you dare buy or rent this game, is gross gameplay mismanagment of the highest degree.

There was a bit more but its just rambling. Another great 989 title I guess.
_