Author: =SLJ=DAMNIT <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 2/18/2003 2:26:27 PM
Subject: RE: Jeebuz

It aint no game, it will be life altering in alot of ways. Of the 52 that I started basic with 26 were sent home and 2 were recycled (got to do it again).You will eat alot of shit and be told to do things that my 6 year old would immediately point out is stupid, and do it without complaint and do it in a fucking hurry. Gaining discipline is up to you. The military will train you, but you have to accept the "discipline", alot of guys wash out because they cant accept "discpline". You will meet some true lowlifes, and alot of them will be your superiors. If you can handle all that and be disciplined enough to use your time wisely, i.e. take all the training and reduced cost schooling you can, you will appreciate your time served. Not to mention you can say proudly that you served in the US military. Of course the military has its benefits after the fact. my first house was bought through a VA loan, and my degree came via veap benefits. And when yas die , if you were an honorable discharge, you are entitled to a military style burial. The service is what you make of it, it isnt for everyone.

SP4 Gregersen , Honorably Discharged 30 Nov 1985
_