Author: Infernal <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/31/2006 3:23:25 PM
Subject: RE: pside

doing anything solo inside an enemy base would require:

infiltration suit cert -cloak.. drive WRAITHS, they cloak with you!! ( if you can't fly stuff there)
sensor shield implant - renders you invisible to enemy radar, motion sensors and spitfire turrets.

hacking->adv hacking - hack the enemy base, adv hacking lets you hack their supply/vehicle terminals and vehicles.

ground support - hack into the vehicle terminal at the enemy base and get an ams , drive it somewhere into the base if you can get it there unnoticed and deploy it for nice and close respawn location, or drive it outside the base a bit to deploy.

You'd be surprised how often I've noticed people trying this. I guess being more of a tactician than most people in the base I always pay attention and track the ams by foot if needed because while it serves as a base of ops for the cloaker, it is usually a prelude to an onslaught zerg.

The thing is, if you have adv hacking and ground support, you will almost always be part of a preliminary strike group because you and your team will use the broadcast warp gate/hart/gal drop.. maybe bring an ams with you but usually 1-2 people will steal amses from a base before the hack is in place even. If it's a quiet base, your team will probably also bear the pain field and kill all the respawn tubes in the base before the hack is in as well. This essentially puts the base on spawn lockdown and makes it hard for defenders to appear. A valid tactic when you want to defend bases is to leave a deployed ams somewhere in the base courtyard. This will facilitate keeping the battle outside the base building and hopefully outside the walls.

Even though I uninstalled, I will tell you this: There is some kind of euphoria when your side is being pushed back into a base's spawnroom (BAD) but you hunker down and push back harder, pushing the enemy right back out into the courtyard and then take out their tower base of ops. Locking a continent is also a cool thing to see.
_