Author: jabes <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/23/2006 7:41:00 AM
Subject: more planetside

its Emerald / TR

You CAN play ALL THREE empires now tho, meaning you can have a character with each empire. So, it really doesn't matter which you pick, which kinda sucks IMO, but whatever. Its also all good.

There are even MORE changes coming for Pside (start at pic 80, use the pics along the bottom to scroll) there is a GIANT armor suit that reminds me kinda of what Ripley used to throw the alien into outer space in Aliens. An AC-130 gunship sort of thing. Remote shield generators people can setup. 6 different gun mods. Remote equipment terminals deployable by engineers with an ACE....

It goes on and on.

As far as gameplay, the lattice is still there and the station benefits are still there. Both have been reworked to try to maximize the importance of strategy and covert ops. The continents still get pop-locked which is a drag and can end up getting you into a stalemate, but the outfit normally avoids these fights.

Currently, I am in a psuedo-military outfit red dawn. I've sent the CO a PM about some guys coming over to the forums that are interested in PS.

Thing is, this outfit has tons of SOPs and other stuff.

Since PS takes 20+ players to have fun, and the majority of people that play FPS are spammy ADD-sufferers, this is actually a huge benefit. So while some people are too uptight, about military protocol and whatnot, they are also all good people that are just looking to get the most fun out of the game. Read Teh_Dow's thread for some more feedback.

_