Author: Boohoo <.>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/24/2001 8:06:57 PM
Subject: RE: to: Boohoo

I have always preferred to play with low pings myself (20-40ms) and I don't see why think I have 'attitude' towards you. I only pointed out why your reasons are invalid, and they really didn't not sound like the real reason for you disliking this so much.

First off I want to tell you why I want to see this added as a !server option!. It as nothing to do with my connection, I probably couldn't get any lower pings than I'm already getting. They have to do with locations, I want to play (or the other way around) on EU servers, Asian server (or where ever my ping couldn't physically get lower) against or with ppl who I know, on the same level. (Wouldn't that be nice for EU vs US matches? nm).

Second I want to point out that the buffer is 250ms (so it only works for ppl with ping under 500ms). So a 700 ping gunner using unlagged would never hit you (then again I would have to read the code over again to be sure wether he has to aim like his ping was 700ms or 200ms). I personally would like to see even smaller buffer if this were added (100-130ms).

Third I want to remind you that the only reason unlagged would be annoying (expect for weird feeling death delay*) would be because of the push witch can easily be dealt with in number of ways.

Forth now I'm not making this personal, but your use of false statements is irritating me. All I want is for people to get correct idea of what unlagged is all about. Now please don't make this personal this is about unlagged and not personal, so let's either discuss this like adults or not at all.

* More correct would be to say delayed hit damage by max of 250ms + 1/2 of your current ping instead of 1/2 of your current ping.
_