Author: ]$[Maxey Pad <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/23/2001 1:02:09 PM
Subject: RE: Just a quick question

I can think of several reasons. First of all, we are taking vengeance on countries that ultimately had nothing to do with it. Take Somalia http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1672000/1672220.stm for instance, what did the people of this country do? Nothing, they don't even support the taliban, but one business, their telco has been accused of using their business as a laundering operation. Note that this is their only telco, without it they have no communication period. no fiber lines, no telephones, cellphones, no internet. There are a lot of innocent bystanders for this war contrary to what the media would like you to think.

Its costly, I've read numerous reports that are taxes will be much higher for the next 3 years due to this war.

It prompts even more terrorism, big deal if we kill osama bin laden. His followers obviously are diehard enough that they don't care to crash themselves into buildings.

The war allows the American people's civil rights to privacy and freedom to be greatly restricted. Look at any of the new bills passed. They have made ANY kind of hacking attempt now considered to be an act of terrorism.
Any good news site will have links to it.

Also, some people believe that violence rarely solves anything. Lots of japanese people are still bitter about the atomic bomb being dropped. I feel like this war will leave a bitter taste in the mouth of the people of 3rd world countries for a very long time. This could ultimately prompt more terrorism.
_