Author: {BR}Hémi-Cüda <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/23/2001 12:15:40 AM
Subject: Nintendo AIMS for the kids, the rest dont

if you look at Nintendo's past, they have always put the kids first. in the latter half of the N64's life, Nintendo started to experiment. they started releasing M rated games (like Conker) to try and reach a different audience. and from all the blind followers here who pledge that nintendo has gone mature, its worked. but believe me, the day that a parent unwittingly picks up an M rated game for their kids, assuming that since its nintendo all is well, and then realized what she actually got, nintendo will do all in their power to assure that parent that they are indeed a family company. thus they'll drop the M rated games and go back to censoring others

you are part of nintendo's marketing experiment. and while what i speculated on may not happen in the immediate future, something like it will, and nintendo will revert to old, proven ways

now in the above did i say anywhere that nintendo sucks? no, because i have too many fond memories, and if i was 10 years younger i would pressure my parents to pick me up a GC pronto. and actually, games like zelda and luigi's mansion are pretty fun (played the luigi one at the local walmart), but i can tell for me personally that the novelty would wear off quick. i'm just simply pointing out that nintendo's target market was, is, and will continue to be the 5-15 age group (just look at sales figures if you dont bleieve me)
_