Author: Noob Jones <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/11/2003 7:38:29 PM
Subject: test

Here is beta03 of Monochrome I hope you like it.

Once more thanks for all the feedback and I did listen and have made changes you can see what has been changed below.

"The red side coloring seems a bit harder on the eyes than the blue side though" - Static

"The red side kinda gives me a headache." - Redrum

I tweaked the colors alot and the only way to make the red side as soft as the blue was to go for more of a purple color. I did not like the look of that so I used solid red(/me hands over the asprin).

" hard to defend because of the midfield teleporters" - Static

"you are flying back into your base from that entrance to cap and you accidentally hit that teleporter. BAM! You’re back in midfield." - Redrum

They are now gone.

" I think the stand will remain a bad thing for ground classes" - Trash

You can now jump onto the flag stand.

"The jump pad that hops you up into the hallway. The one that looks kind of like a ramp. I personally think it looks like an afterthought. To me it doesn't look like it fits very well. " - Redrum

Fixed.

"arches over the doors need to be clipped somehow. " - Redrum

I used an angled player clip brush to help clip this area ... it worked out well and it is now very hard but still possible to get hung up. It is the best fix that I could add into the level due to some technical reasons.

Other changes

- I added another layer of depth, the level is allmost 2x as tall now.

- I sealed up the midfield door to the lower path and put a teleporter to the lower path. I did this for vis reasons so that frame rates would not drop so much.

- The jumppads in midfield now push you higher so that you can get up onto the high area of the walkway

- I added corners to the higher area of the walkway so that it is easyer to go around a corner.

- The lower health beam now can restock your health/armor/ammo once every 10 seconds rather than every 15.

- I added another inviso-ladder next to the teleporter in the flag room. I think this will give gunners a nice place to camp.

This will probably be the last beta of the map so if you want to see any changes please state them now. Thank you for your help :)

I put the new in b.

_