Author: Infernal <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/29/2006 2:47:21 PM
Subject: RE: Agreed

i'm considering flat out quitting.. I haven't even done the kvatch quests for the main storyline.. I am now level 10 and I am like 5 or 6 levels up in the mage guild. Not sure I even care to play anymore.. it takes soo much time.

morrowind was such a nice game. despite the not amazing graphics.. the not amazing mechanics.. it was fun. I enjoyed seeing a LARGE part of the trader's selection at one time. I enjoyed the idea that potions stacked. I remember the intelligence alchemy psycho loop where you made a potion to boost intelligence and this affects your alchemy to produce more potent potions.. so you loop drinking +int potions with making +int potions and you could get potions giving +2000 int for 2500+ seconds.. all required so you could self enchant a weapon using the highest soulstone providing you with 500 use weapons that do extra 50 damage per swing. Now that was FUN. The scaling in Oblivion sucks. You can't make yourself god items anymore since pots don't stack.. you are always on par... where's the feeling of accomplishment? the feeling of "i can pwn everything in that area with one spell"

Why do they scale enemies up when your spells don't scale? my measly 5hp damage flare spell has to be consta spammed to kill a ghost and anything with higher damage uses way too much magika. Gameplay mechanic failure.
_