Author: jabes <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/22/2006 1:58:09 PM
Subject: RE: Niall

hahah static is right

see, this game is all about skills and math and stuff that 'normal' gamers don't want to have to deal with. They want their little cargo calculators built right in the game and spit out all the values for them so the game can tell you what your next best option is ergo, making the decisions for you.

well

this game is much more true to life in that if you want something done right, you better do it yourself. They did away with experience and instead added content that you can purchase with the money you make. you make the money, you wait the time it takes for the skills to come up, and you get access to that content. Whereas with WoW, you have experience points and money that dictate the content you have access to.

i've been 11 days in game now and the past 4 have been the only ones that i made any significant progress. The other 7, looking back, were just getting my feet wet in the system and understanding things.

Overall, I love the game. I like doing worthwhile math and this has got that right. I also like to know what formulas are being used and how they are applied. in EVE you get all of the raw numbers right in the details screen for every item.

And then there is the ship equipment and modules and putting them all together which is complex and is its own game in itself.
_