Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at shadowspawn.net>     Reply to Message
Date: 8/30/2005 2:50:46 PM
Subject: besides

the original UA + DX + RD + a few other maps pasted into one single world, is enough cause to dish out a custom tc.exe.

it was an experiment on q3map2, it takes about 3 days to do lighting, and needed some custom shader code to allow swapping of lightmap data in and out of memory. the collision maps are simplified with clips like crazy in all the 1.0 levels, but the total vis data size is tremendous.

it's allot of brushes and ents, but less load on a server than the d3 server exe.

i worked out how to dynamically allocate and free ents that are never even seen by players on-the-fly instead of at level load, similar to how t2 works.

just to make a huge-assed world that large and that complex that can handle a few dozen players is reason enough.

my workload is tough right now.

wfr- maps and coding
wfa- final, with math & pb fixes & wfflags & all maps (done)
wff- fix the prediction and implement snaptovector stuff
q3tc- release a 1.2 with some new maps i had laying around, possbily rip ET's maps, and implement some dot3 stuff in the client exe

i just need experienced or dedicated help, it's too much work for one person, and too much work to teach or watch out for bad code.

www.shadowspawn.net
_