Author: WarStrider <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/6/2005 7:12:49 AM
Subject: Trip report: Back to the Old Man river.

This is in the foothills approaching the mountains just beyond Pincher Creek. Looks like rain.
Image Hosted by imagehosting.us
This is the Old Man river right next to our base camp.
This is the Beast, an old Army Jeep 4x4 lent to us by my nephew's father-in-law. Its got a 4-low, 2-low, 2-high, 4-high gear box and can climb just about anything.
This is the kind of pictures my camera took after being outside in the rain all night. Fortunately my case was fairly watertight and the camera dried out with no problems.
It rained that evening and overnight and the whole next day. We sociallized, drank coffee and other things, played scrabble, anything to wile away the day. The next day it was bright and sunny, though the mists took a while to burn off.
We had 3 RVs and a 5th wheel, lots of space for everyone. My brother-in-law and I managed 3 breakfasts the first morning before everyone caught on. haha
Our first day trip. We went to Chinook lake, just off the BC border, North of Crowsnest pass.
These kids caught more then I did, the trout were going for spinners that day and all I had were flies. :(
Chinook lake is manmade with a dam at one end, this is the little stream that fills it.
Oh oh, the weather is moving back in.
I love it up here, every time you turn a corner its another beautiful vista.
We took the Beast up some trails and this is what we found.
My brother-in-law posing with the Beast.
The biggest fish I caught.
The headwaters of the Old Man river. I had my GPS with me and the river stopped here. We were surrounded by mountains which supplied the Old Man river its waters.
Back at base camp my brother Hank decided to do a little painting.
My sister-in-law was determined to go to Banff. I could have passed on it, Bannf is beautiful but its full of tourists. But it was a beautiful drive.
Two-Jack lake in Banff.
After a day or so in Banff, I had to fly home. :(
_