Author: DC <CheckitTwice @net>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/16/2005 5:48:12 PM
Subject: RE: A great man

Since no one has yet replied to this post, I felt it was necessary and only right to do so. I never new much about HST until his sudden and decisive passing. Since then, I have read just about everything he has ever published to the public. What a creative and unusual style of writing he possessed in all aspects. Fascinating depth. A somewhat twisted creativity and clarity was there. He was like a modern day Poe on a different level of sorts. I feel it can't really be explained by my hand. I have always had a love American Literature and the many truly great writers and authors it has produced over the years since the founding days of this "New World" apart from it's European past. Hunter was unique, not much unlike Hemmingway and many others of the past. This requires me to study his many commentaries and works to a finer detail. I have never shirked the excitement of a good read, however, and look foward to the study. Sometimes, one never realizes when a truly great writer has passed until years after his passing. I hope that I have a few more years left in this life to read good works.

- DC
_