Author: {wf}shadowspawn <too_tired_to_put_email_here>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/20/2004 3:05:36 PM
Subject: Where's the news? (poor excuse)

Well if you didn't know already, gamespy/IGN was hacked into. sniffers were installed, multi-domain-wide security was crompromised, those with brains can figure out the impact... after all for every 1 disclosed example of an exploit there are a dozen that noone talks about and I seriously doubt that gamespy has the people that would think to monitor all connections in and out to find what still is compromised; it's better to just shut up... and in response all logins were reset in a "panic" admin mode.

i never bought anything through GS/IGN for the other obvious reasons.

Whenever there's a global stoppage of a few thousand accounts, you know someone screwed the pooch. Funny that it was the linux servers that were compromised first, but for the longest time we could peek into each other's stuff. Guess someone finally found out and exploited it.

Anyway, this has happened in the beginning of summer, I think, maybe mid summer. SILL NO ACCESS. After about a dozen emails.

Oh, i long for the days when captured/gamespy used to actually have the phone numbers of the dev staff and gave us a call during any release or to even shoot the shit.

This is for WFA, WFF, and TC. So needless to say I'm pissed, and will stand by my assertion that gamespy "jumped the shark" the day they went and injected
(poorly) dynamic code, went commercial and mame32 said fuggit.

So anyway, I'll update now that I'm home and have a break; I think.
_