Author: ]II[OD <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/16/2004 8:11:55 AM
Subject: RE: Tones

Uhm the whole "we should just make what we like" thing the devteam is saying doesn't quite work for me. If i would make a mod and call it something with the words weapons factory in it, it's no longer just about what i want in the mod. As soon as you use those words for your mod you get the whole tradition of that mod with it.
You can't just use those words and then make something completely different for example. Well you could legally i guess, or at least in reality nobody would probably ever do anything about it, but that would be wrong. You use the words Weapons Factory in the name of your mod, people will think of earlier versions of that game. This will probably help getting attention, since you're got a name that people know already, but the price is that you can't just make something that doesn't do justice to what Weapons Factory stands for.
Sure maybe the "Revolution" thing means that you mean to make something quite different, but by using the words "Weapons Factory" you get the whole tradition with it. That means people like Tones and Zeus telling you how WF should be played. When saying your mod has something to do with "Weapons Factory" you aim high, and you better deliver...
_