Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn.net>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/13/2004 9:41:12 PM
Subject: RE: GTK Radiant fuckup humor

oh i can bitch at them all i want.

i will never go off the handle like that infamous post did when 1.2 came out, but god damnit its no longer for the community, by the community it's for a single developer, by a single developer.

the point is that I could care fucking less about new features to be put in. if i want them, I can code them.

it's hunting through all the source to restore the ones removed out that's a bitch.

all i can say is thank fucking god id software stuck with the original functionality, user interface, and general flow of a tried and trusted map editor (an application called Radiant) and not some offshoot of someone's wet dream where they constantly rip out things regardless of the complaint levels they are appearant oblivious too because of some whim.

you know how long it took arguing about right clicking and changing an entity's class? they refused to put it back the way it was. WHY, i have no fucking CLUE because it wasn't BUGGY.

one of these days they should actually fire up radiant and use it. might help to familiarize them with the tool they are constantly fucking up.

/rant almost off but not quite.

_