Author: subby <osujnd>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/15/2004 9:16:55 PM
Subject: Continuation of my earlier post..

I agreed with alot of the stuff said and tones had some really awesome ideas ( the auras and stuff.. omg that sounds awesome). I also like the idea of having the d3 system where you can just walk up to a sentry gun and use your mouse to click to upgrade it.

I personally think the grapple speed should NOT be slowed down... like i said some of what attracted people to the game and made it so intense was the speed of it all. Another thing I think was really important was how much fun pubing one. I LOVED UT2K4 ONS matches but I couldnt stand to play pubs... it was so boring. That eventually killed my intrest in the game alltogether.. although i still think its an awesome idea done on the wrong mod. Anyway, i'm not really sure (i havent thougt about it) what mad wfa pubs so fun but i think the devs should definatly take into acount whatever it was and make sure its in wf:r.

Oh and video turorials that could come with the game or be downloaded from the site would be awesome. I'm sure you could get a player to do this if the dev is too busy. I think the dev team should extend their hand out to the players from wfa and such alot more because theres nothing we want more than to make sure wf:r is a sucess and will most likley do anything in our power to ensure that it is.

Also, I wanted to know what the gang had planned for vehicles? Now that we know q4 will indeed have vehicles how will it tie in with wfa?

And to get back to the whole point of my first post, Static I understand that mods like osp and ra4 will most likely come out before wf:r to atleast keep the public aware and on their toes about the progress of the mod. Making sure to have interviews with big websites etc... I know you and the staff know this stuff.. but i dunno.... I just want everyone and their mom to know about the mod before, during and after the mod comes out.

ANYWAYS, the earlier the devs (and playerbase) start workin on getttin the name out the better IMO. I think the playerbase should be putting forth a bigger effort too. Vids IMO are the best way to get people to know about it.

P.S. I think there are alot more players out there that should get into these convos. Zeus, Tones and such give alot of good feedback because they know the game very very well, but we should also take into accout people like Niall who came into the game pretty late to get their feedback on it as well. Even though i know most people hate rajiv... but he prob knows the game better than most of us so i think his input would be nice too.

... just an idea but maybe there could be some kind of council of players + devs that could get together to discuss ideas etc..

(maybe someone should post this on the main forum?)
_