Author: substance <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/13/2004 1:09:35 PM
Subject: To people who liked wfa, wf etc.

Uhh yeh, i dunno but i felt like i needed to post this. (its all just one rant written from my head so most of it prob doesnt make sense). Scroll to ** if u dont wanan read it all.

One of the main reasons (atleast for me) that i left wfa is because the small comminuty, and lacking competition.

The more time that passes from leaving wfa the more i relize how good it was compared to the pure GARBAGE that has been coming out since then. Never have a played a game with as much energy/excitment as wfa.

It PISSES me off that so little people play wfa. At first I couldnt understand why the hell peoeple didnt wanna play.. then i relized that the game is so fucking complex that people dont wanna take the time to learn it. Espeiclaly cosidering how late in the game i got into WFA, I couldnt get my friends who played osp to come because they had already learned and mastered OSP and didnt wanna come to a new mod and get owned... thats their main reason. They dont wanna take the time to learn it.

What could have prevented this? Well if they would have started playing wfa BEFORE osp then they would have definately not have gone to osp OR if wfa was REALLY easy to get into and start having fun.

However, i managed to get 6 of my friends (klownface , 22, RPM, fuct, calypso and 88ninja) who had never played q3/osp before tottaly hooked on wfa. How? well a BIG part was due to Kronic's and my videos. They see the intesity of the game and are drawn to it. They got hooked for ATLEAST 4 or 5 months (3 of them still play to this day) then mostly moved on as they relized wfa was a very very small commuinty.

**Anyway, the point of this post is to get poeple to help with the development process early. If we can get players to play WF:R (or whatever q4 wf is) early then it definately has a shot at being played by a ton of more poeple. Although q4 wont be out for a while and the new wf even longer we still can take this time to prep for release. If we make this mod known FIRST and make sure everyone tries this mod before they get hooked on something else then wf:r has a better chance at becoming big. If we can get people excited about the mod before it even comes out, we can get the community first and foremost.

Use our efforts now to make sure the game is easy to pick up when it does come out. Release trailors, make wallpapers, do anything to get the name out there NOW to ensure we get a player base early.
_