Author: DC <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/9/2004 6:39:59 PM
Subject: Funny Story but TRUE!!!

I came home after a semi-productive day at the research facility this past Tuesday and decided to let a little steam off by doing the left over dishes in the sink from yesterday's dinner and polishing off about 6-8 or so shots of Scotch from the nearby cabinet as I progressed. The Momma arrives from her daily commute and does the usual dinner and I clean up the restus of the dishes ANDS teh last of that big ole jug of Haig & Haig Pinch (about 3 more shotzes).
Me, being the wonderfully horny husband that I am, offer to fix the next days lunches in hopes of a tortuous hand job later on in the evening before teh wifey's lights out time. But alas, we are out of what teh wifey likes for lunchies so I head on out to replenish the stockzors for the rest of the week and replenish teh mighty Scotch whisky supply on the way back so teh DC is set for the weekends and football games coming up.
Just before the DC leaves he starts up his mighty Athlon 64 system and logs on so all will be good to go upon his arrival back at the hut. He thinks... a quick e-mail checks, answer a few... hit a couple of fresh shots off of teh new jug then off to the wifey for the business.
Well, all was fine after unpacking the goodzors and sampling the next jug until I am seated at the DC's PC. XP has informed me it needs to restart XP in order to finish the SP2 installation. So I says, well ok, just do it...

Reboot...

Bad mistake, I get the nasty endless re-boot routine of the Athlon 64 variety about 7 to 8 times before I hit the F8 key and uninstall that oh so ever pesky SP2 "monolithic" upgrade. Before I knew it, I had pissed an hour or so away on teh farking PC. What a hassle, AND I missed my promised window of hand-job opportunity.

I so hate Bill Gates & Company... burn asshole.

P.S. - Autoupdate is currently now nixed on my system!!!
_