Author: Zeus <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 8/2/2004 12:50:09 PM
Subject: RE: So are people going to play fusion?

Yeah, I can see your points. I think the attraction to WFA for different people varies. For me, it wasn't the gimmicks. It was the speed. Anyone who looks to WFA for gimmicks will definitely lose interest like you said. The speed of WFA is what still makes me wish the community was in full action. I still hop on the pubs whenever they are up. I'm surprised to be able to say this, because I never really have before - I've watched people come into the WFA community and watched them leave quite a long time ago. Now I will definitely say that I am not the norm. It's fairly unfortunate because I think that the better you get in WFA the harder it is to enjoy other games/mods. Other games and mods are soooo slow. It's interesting too because I definitely think that the defensive players come and go more rapidly and I think this occurs because D players don't really have the chance to get hooked on the crack known as the speed of WFA. All the oldest players in this mod that have played in the past 2 months with any frequency at all have been O players. The streetball games we had going on almost every night were packed with people. Those who were the vets also played primarily offense. I know this because I am one of the only guys ever in WFA to be able to say that they can play both O and D in matches for the best clan, and do so well, and I was constantly being stuck on D, whether it was gunner, engi or D-Marine, because no one else could play it effectively.

After having reread this post, the latter half of it sounds conceited, but it wasn't intended to be. It was to convey the point that the speed of WFA hooks people.

- Z
_