Author: Hoak <FinallySomeGoodWFFDiscussionAgain@PlanetICE>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/29/2004 11:24:14 AM
Subject: RE: So are people going to play fusion?

Well I think it's damn cool/good that shadowspawn's initiative isn't hinging on how popular the game 'might' or might not be.

I wasn't around for WF when it was big so I really can't chime in with all the, "Gee Wiz And Damn! I wish WFA had been more like WF with the..." -- for me WFA was a very cool game up and until 1.3 bugs and all; and I liked that there was WFA, Q3F and now WFF -- I think game fans will be very lucky from course history has taken.

I have a gut feeling that the WF theme, aesthetic and genera may be past it's prime, and/or out of vogue. But I feel in equal measure that solid, compelling, and addictive game design is what determines what's in vogue.

I hope shadowspawn cooks up a simplified WFA clone play mode or Mock configuration for fans like me that will be stepping into the abyss as even WFA can a overwhelming to the uninitiated -- I think many in todays larger newer game audience will be totally lost and nonplussed by WF/WFF...

But in the end even if WFF is a dud everyone wins, WFF is open souce and has a whale load of cool features and capability; I think it will offer a fantastic legacy for the WF genera, and a lot of exciting potential for the future.

_