Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn.net>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/29/2004 4:36:59 AM
Subject: RE: So are people going to play fusion?

i don't really care. that's the cool part.

the only reason i wrote it all, the only reason i poured all my effort into it was to prove a point.

what wfa would be like if it wfa was a true port of wf, tf for q2. no q3f mock, just pure q2wf into the q3 engine.

i wanted and demanded wfa source from acrid and static, but mostly because of all the time i poured into support and listened to clan leaders about "Shit that was just Fucked Up", but i understood why code-wise. i didn't want to change their "vision", but after a time i realized that the inbalances with matches were due to something new i never experienced:

"pride with coders"

there are so many simple bugs that if they were fixed, so many clan matches, so many pub games would be different. some things so simple, just a line or two of code, that noone wanted to fix because they didn't understand the impact of the problems.

most of the people that brought it up were frustrated with people not fixing bugs. not because they knew they were bugs, they just knew something just "wasn't right" and didn't have the experience to pinpoint it.

this was all something new to me. so many people demanded source code to wfa when static quit coding for it. so many that still post on the main forum, even. noone had the guts to put their code on the line to re-write it from scratch, noone actually wanted to see what could be done if they took the bull by the horns. i did, i put my shit on the line for all to see and for all to pick at.

games are all math, you can see mine any time.

i don't really care if people play it, that's the point. its for people to see what the cyborg would be like if he had cluster rockets, to remember the merc, to remember what turret grenades were. to see what would've happened if someone took the code and just optimized it with an artistic flair instead of trying to maintain something.

imo if wfa went the true q2wf port, q3f would never have been, the whole splashdamage deal would never have happened. but hindsight is always 20-20.

it's just an adventure for my own personal use that anyone can take and run with, it's open source. i could care less if anyone played it, my code is open so people can see what the most popular mod of all time made it so popular. no other game will ever come close to weapons factory imo. it's a passion for the game that i feel, so i'm doing my best to show others what it was like, what imo it should've been from the get-go.

make sense?

And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
_