Author: hoak <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/27/2004 10:04:06 AM
Subject: RE: TC....

For what it's worth you'll have my unswerving support and loyalty in helping in anyway I can. I;ve got a bunch of material about WFF poised and ready; but my information about the Fusion engine is still thin and far from complete -- ModDB 'REQUIRES' a game/engine page as well...

I've been trying to drum up support for an open source realism game/platform I've been calling "Land Warrior" since the CTU project I was doing sound design work for petered out, rolled over and died; I'm confident you could have all the resources of CTU and what/whoever LandWarrior draws at your beck and call if or when you commit. You are also welcome to all the Open Source assets of AFTERWARDS, some of which may be useful as it has all the common realism missions and then some and is a Q3A engine mod.

Capable and productive Programmers for mod and especially open source projects are scarce; build a realism game and I guarantee you'll have not only the best game asset Artists behind you; but mature, results oriented and productive people, that do what they do so well because they love the work...

I don't quite understand why 'realism' has become so popular, especially so with developers. Perhaps it's because it gives them a reference standard to compare their work to in aesthetic quality, 'feel', and technical prowess, perhaps it's exhaustion with the Sci-Fi 'Space Opera' themes of the 80's and 90's Even DooM III strikes me as less imaginitive, abstract and more realism based -- though I haven't seen what 'Hell' is supposed to look like... >:)>

BUt it looks like a virtyal sure bet that a capable and popular Open Source FPS game project will be 'the next thing'; and a lot more fun in the long haul for everyone that enjoys hobby game development.

_