Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn.net>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/2/2004 11:39:23 AM
Subject: RE: FUSION!?

my ups blew up during a storm last saturday.

it didn't take out my computer, but a battery exploded. i was yanking out wires while sparks were flying and fizzling sounds were going on... i ran outside with it in the rain while it was still sparking and left it on the sidewalk till the electric fire went out.

we were sitting there and the power spiked, my g/f's computer restarted and i heard this weird metallic "THUNK" come from under my desk. we looked at each other trying to figure out what it was, it sounded like a floppy drive just up and fell inside a case, but then i saw a thin wisp of smoke come up from the ups. i unplugged it (stupid for not just turning it off) and then all hell broke loose.

as i said the lightning strike didn't kill my computer cause the ups took the brunt of the hit (tho my monitor seems to flicker a bit in one corner now, probably from me messing with all the wires/cables tho), but i needed to get a new ups. the strike blew up my tv, a laptop power supply, my fax/printer, my g/f's mac got hit too appearantly (random lockups now), and her stereo won't play any cd-roms now :(

the storm took out an old triplite 1200va ups. better that then my comp/servers.

so i've been riding my bike allot thinking about it. I even strap on a bookbag with a laptop and just go to a field up the street and go over the code, making notes in the big-assed-readme-for-geeks-like-me-who-like-to-nitpick-code.

oh remember the dude who wrote STWF? John Rittenhouse aka Cryect? He emailed me, wanted to look some stuff over. If you ask me, he is the reason that made WF was what it was/is, instead of a team3.

WFA code has some of his stuff in it to this day.

I'm going to ask him to review all the code and just have fun with it. It's basically done tho, just need to clean up 3 bugs; cgame side beams, network dropouts, and the ui/master browser

_