Author: tonester <@home>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/22/2004 9:05:39 AM
Subject: WFA Balance

I think things are actually fine right now. Here is my reasoning:

Defense use to be so fucking uber. The sent tracked EVERYTHING (whether it was flying/grappling or not). Gunners had that sick ass alt fire, and they just did too much dmg. Defense got nerfed.

The offense start doing better. Not just because of the nerfs to the defense, but because the offense started evolving: better RJs, #t put back in, more peeps using Voice Comms, faster grapples, improved strategies.

Recently, the defense has started adapting and evolving. Lower pings (generally) means better gunners. Engies don't babysit as much and are moving more forward. Even gunners are starting to move forward. The idea is to cut off the enemy as soon as possible, do as much damage as possible, and if you die, respawn and finish them off. IF they happen to get a PB in the base... defuse it with the FR defender while the engy and other gunner heads back out to mid.

Now? Offense is JUST starting to re-adapt. It kind of sucks that the mod isn't more popular, because I would love to see how it evolves again. Nurse will be vital on some maps (like 3level2) and sniper is already proving to be a worthy addition to an offensive (and defensive) lineup on some maps.

This has been said many times before by some of us diehard fans of the mod, but I'll mention it again.

1) Remove Long PBs.
2) Remove push from Sentry (yes, it still fucking pushes)
3) Add a small respawn timer upon death

Shit would probably be fun.

Tones
_