Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/31/2004 2:30:44 AM
Subject: a ponderable...

or two.

q2wf=tf for q2, q3f=tf for q3, wfa=q2wf for q3, fusion=q2 for q3 or q3 for q2. q3f is not q2wf for q3.

so by best connected (truest) order, wffusion=tf for q3? or is it q3 for tf?

what is it? i mean all i did was change some effects and not anything in game. nothing stronger or weaker, nothing more accurate or not as accurate.

but i don't have a voodoo2 on a pentium pro anymore or am external 56k USRobotics v.everything (yea that was it's name).

so effects count now since video cards and systems have changed; the presence of these things aren't performance issues anymore as much as they used to be

right?

I found code all over q2wf from every single mod I personally thought was kick ass. chaos, storm troopers, keys2, lmctf. q2wf is an assimilation of every other game (team-based) and cool client side (effect base) code source out there.

the credits for q2wf code are rather, um, large. the total amount of people who worked on wf from it's inception easily reaches 30.

that's allot. that's also why gpl.

was in a discussion about this tonight; the root of the fusion project, the design, the history of the thing, the future.

was kinda cool actually tossing it around with what i think of now as 'closet gamers'. maybe recovering ones who moved on to high-paying jobs after they got married. ones that ran tf servers, q2wf servers when they were in colledge or were running isp's, where a t1, frame relay, was a godsend compared to an isdn. now mrtg can't keep up with the stuff. that sorta crowd.

the lead of ET said that ET was the natural evolution of TF. but of course he'd say that, he worked on q3f, which was the same thing.

oh btw bots are worth a damn thanks to jalisko. grapple still needs work, as always they get into a grapple-monkey mode and won't do anything except use it.

_