Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/29/2004 8:47:42 PM
Subject: RE: I've read every post on this page.

i just did the following:

sofware mirrored an ide hd. the only one i had was a 4 gig'er, of the Development box. I took that out and plopped it in a dual p3 xeon i have sitting here collecting dust, nice backplane, nice cpus right out of a compaq proliant.

obviously it wouldn't boot cause of the HAL, but i have here a copy of 2003 enterprise. This server is running all sorts of services, keep in mind, and i don't want to deal with a new reinstal. it'd take me a week's worth of time i'm sure because of all the database crap that's on it (on mirrored driver too, software, this old box has 8 ide's in it, older drives but they work)

Well since it was just the OS drive and I had a copy of it, i decided to do an upgrade.

NT4
winnt dir: 265mb
Mem idle: 74mb

W2K3
winnt dir: 1.4 gb
mem idle: 322
(Sql, CVS wasn't started)

I was like WTF. So I decided that once again, i'm not upgrading my development box. I guess I got lucky with a quad PPro laying around from work, the mb is maxed out with 354mb of ecc 72-pin ram on a 66mhz bus, but screw it it'll hold up.

_