Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/16/2004 8:09:31 AM
Subject: RE: Weapon Perspective, Position & Angle Revis

hoak; that weapon was supposed to be a grenade launcher replacement. that picture also was taken during the testing of effects that made you (and your gun) bounce around allot. yea i know it's not that accurate, but the whole positioning of the guns does need to be tweaked some.

tc and wff are going to be using the same engine. sorta. acrid modified the engine itself to use his vm's from q3, but did not use the q3fusion code. (q3fusion was put out that connects to all id servers using id code, plays on osp/cpma servers, is a direct q3 replacement; it makes ogc seem like a little kid's toy)

he can keep the q3 code through tc for q3 releases and just dish out an exe and still keep the actual game/cgame code out of the gpl mess.

I went and modified the q2wf code to use the engine, because i hated the way the vm's were being used (it runs every instruction twice, basically, and is tough as hell to debug even tho the vm compiler is now open source).

so the jist of it is yes, the models do need tweaking for their positioning. but if they are all globally off (which they currently are) its easy enough to fix.

_