Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/11/2004 2:20:26 PM
Subject: sunday brunch

Through a TC mapper, got some donated time on a university-maintained power cuncher: a solaris multi-proc supercomputer in gothenburg, sweeden.

I work with a GPL rendering engine.

I work with a realism mod running on this rendering engine.

The "world" that this box is to be compiling translates roughly to about 1 cublic mile, which basically contains every 1.0 and 1.2 map pasted into one huge .map file that's about 50mb in size but sharing a common sky and lighting scheme, as well as lots of other tech geeky stuff. It won't run if you have less then 512mb ram and a 128mb vid card, target estimated frame rate is about 200 with a remote server. Running locally is estiamted at around -10 fps therefore transmorgifying your computer back in time, hence the need for remote /game.

the potential for damage is great.

What can I say, it's never been done, the person in charge of the solaris port and solely responsible for aquiring the university time is [sugkuk]apotheose ( in #truecombat on gamesnet, he wanted a challenge), i got bored working with the UI waiting for some fixes from jalisk0 for wff.

:P yea i'm a geek.

_