Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/9/2004 8:16:14 AM
Subject: RE: 2004 wf fusion?

coders as a rule are like cooks. see one of the reasons its easy to get coders to help with wff is because the common design goal is already set in stone and is stated firmly. Not "design the best game out there", not "kick everyone's ass with the best mod" or anything of that nature. it's simply produce an end result that looks like wfa but is q2wf gameplay/classes. The goals are defined, the means are what might be usefull to others.

on the road there allot of improvemets were noted. how ID did movers for instance is completely idiotic in q3, how the limitations in the q3 network protocol were introduced is also strage, allot of very odd stuff. Id is great, but also there is allot of evidence of rushing to complete what I'm sure were not real goals for the game, but added benifits to do stuff with the code later on. sorta guesswork of what people would do with it. Me, I'm not producing a game that can be modded, but it can be. (I'm afraid to load it up in deathmatch/team dm tho right now, but it probably would be easy to fix).

my fixes are similar to any open source project; its all there to be used by one and all. if someone wants to use it, they sure can. I can see allot of projects benifiting from some of the code I wrote.

also right now there is allot of side credits inside of it (that aren't on there in this alpha because I didn't work on the ui yet) and the credits list IS huge. I don't think that I missed anyone, and over time there are over 20 coders that worked on the project (and 20 god damn styles of coding that are all not allike either, i think i became schitzophrenic in my methods, to the point of obsession of reformatting everything to a common style).

if anyone were to rip open the project file they could make stuff into their own project, use different media, make their own game from the code.

_