Author: hoak <hoak@hushmail>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/9/2004 3:54:09 AM
Subject: RE: 2004 wf fusion?

Wow SS, not only is your project cool, it's got a developer that is its match in character and epistomology...

You say "...the hopes are that it will make other mods kick ass instead..." does this mean that you'd actually like to see the WFF "F" version of this concatenation of engine projects have a future beyond WFF? And while it's an patently ambitious and perhaps overly assuming assumption would you like to see the "F" engine become something like 'The Linux Of FPS Render Engines'?

IMHO for that to happen you have to set the tone and precedent by announcing such an intention, and actually follows up by creating some kind of initial management and project merge scheme to incorporate, coordinate, and manage the contributions of others. That done though, with just a start on documentation, support, and some PR -- I'm confident that game developers and mod talent would pile on the "F" engine gradually and progressively at an astounding rate.

If you want help; writing technical documentation, support and promotional copy -- I'd certainly throw in my effort and support.

_