Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/8/2004 10:04:58 AM
Subject: from hoak's post below (projection origins)

i was looking at projection origins and how i do it/how i copied it from q2wf. there are anomolies (i figure i just won't draw them when it looks weird) but all weapons are projected from the weapons flash origin.

if you do an avi demo deal in q3 wfa you will see that the rockets always project from the player's origin even if the gun is drawn. q2wf isn't like that at all.

where you shoot, stuff originates from. the rocket literally starts at where the gun is drawn; if it projects 10 units to the left and 10 units forward, the rocket is gonna start there. same with the sniper rifle. you really won't notice it if the target is past 3 bbox lengths. the human eye and mind will accomodate this, i'm sure.

its a throwback to q2wf vs q3 (even urt uses player origins vs weapon origins) but its a more realistic approach vs q3's stock/wfa's adaptation of it.

this will make people adjust again, but those that played q2wf pick up on the difference immediately, those that never played q2wf, or played q3/wfa as their first fps game with weapons will probably have a bit of an issue at first.

_