Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/7/2004 3:29:11 AM
Subject: just a little update

vic released qfusion r6 in cvs, it doesn't show on the sourceforge homepage or on the main site yet; i am currently going over the diffs between the two revisions. this is sorta like a point release change in q3, but its the core engine changes.

like all merges, there are bound to be bugs. bad ones probably, but not impossible ones. (hey i work in IT, it pays to be a pessimist).

vid_fullscreen changes, demo changes, voodoo3 changes, etc.

i'll update the server with the latest alpha (with the compass, cgame changes, pvs fixes, new cvars, new cmds, better team/class changes, team spectator stuff working, bugfixes, etc) later on this morning but this merge now is pushing putting the ingame menues to cgame back a bit. sorta.

i started to move the menus to cgame because its easier to send client cmds to the server and makes for a more intuitive menu system (the ui is always running btw even when cgame is loaded so its kinda fun), but i ran out of stats to send to the clients telling them what menus to open. so i had to hardcode hack some shit which i hate to do; i want MOCK to still work. If someone wants to name the cyborg "bitch" they should be able to see the new class on the menu. (btw up to 32 classes work).

i hacked allot of things, so this merge is a touchy one. not as bad as the last one that took 3 months to do.

maybe i'll stick the Team6 class file on the server so people can have some Oldschool fun. that's the beuty of it, a server can run team3, team6, team9, team10 or whatever and clients don't need to update at all. i'm trying to keep that working.

_