Author: Slacker <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/9/2003 8:33:55 PM
Subject: Confused and opinions

Opinions are like assholes and anyone who knows me.. well..

I was bored. Games suck in general so I started nosing around and found this Fusion thing. I read the FAQ and looked around but I don't really get what the mission is here but then again I just started reading. I can make a comments and suggestions though from a mapping standpoint.

I really enjoyed mapping for Q2 and I really disliked mapping for Q3. Trying to put my feelings into words isn't easy. The best I can do is that I found Q2 very stylish and I found Q3 very tacky. The single most annoying thing in Q3 that really made mapping very annoying was the camera position. You were "taller" in Q3 than you were in Q2 which made mapping in an already restricted grid (in the early releases anyway) very difficult to me. I much preferred the lower camera angle in Q2 for a lot of reasons. Structure creation was much easier and looked far less "bulky". Structures in Q3 had to be much larger to compensate for the higher camera position which, to me, made the maps less eye pleasing for WF. Larger structures mean larger art. Larger art in Q3 does not look very good imo. Sorry, I don't want to make this into a "I hate everything about Q3" post so I will end it here before I ramble on anymore. So, to sum up, I think the Q2 camera setting was much more pleasing than the Q3 setting for the reason explained above.
_